Friday, June 08, 2007

Parents in Orlando


Last April, my parents spent a week with us and we had a wonderful time alhamdulillah. Three doors down from us is a neighborhood pond (ponds and lakes are everywhere in Orlando). It was our favorite spot to hang out when they were here.


Our neighbors stocked the pond with fish and made it clear to throw back any that we caught. Here's the huge one that my dad caught. I think we caught like 5 that day.


To this day, my dad likes to get updates on our pond when we talk to him. He asks if the water has gone up from the rains, if the reeds are overtaking it, if anyone is cleaning it. Sometimes he calls just to talk to Hasan about the pond and tells Hasan to just give me my dad's salams! (I think I'm jealous of the pond:)

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Umm Belaal said...

yay you finally updated

i remember when i visited orlando waaaaaay back in 92....some of those ponds had alligators! not what i'd want in my neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home